- 50 g porridge oats
- 350 ml milk or water (or a mixture of the two)
- Optional toppings: banana, blueberries, honey
- Put 50g porridge oats in a saucepan, pour in 350ml milk or water and sprinkle in a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil and simmer for 4-5 minutes, stirring from time to time and watching carefully that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Or you can try this in a microwave. Mix the porridge oats, milk or water and a pinch of salt in a large microwave proof bowl, then microwave on High for 5 minutes, stirring halfway through. Leave to stand for 2 minutes before eating.
- Serve with banana, blueberries and honey.