Carrot and Coriander Soup
Main Meals Recipes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 potato, chopped
- 450g carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1.2L vegetable stock
- Handful coriander
- Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large pan, add 1 chopped onion, cook for 5 mins until softened.
- Stir in 1 tsp ground coriander and 1 chopped potato, then cook for 1 min.
- Add the 450g peeled and chopped carrots and 1.2l vegetable stock, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat.
- Cover and cook for 20 mins until the carrots are tender.
- Put into a food processor with a handful of coriander then blitz until smooth. Return to pan, taste, add salt if necessary, then reheat to serve.
- Spread the drained fennel over a shallow ovenproof dish, then add the tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil, then bake for 10 mins. Nestle the salmon among the veg, sprinkle with lemon juice, then bake 15 mins more until the fish is just cooked. Scatter over the parsley and serve.